Website development has become a very common task nowadays for web services since most of the businesses and almost all of then new ones are operating at least partly online. Therefore website development has gained a professional dimension and is no longer seen as something that can be accomplished through freelancing through a casual approach.
Website development, just like web designing is a process that has its own stages for research and information gathering so that only the high quality and desired end product can be achieved.
A professional website development company in Mumbai, India such as Technowebsy carry out a stage by stage research and analysis as how the website should function and look like. Since we aim to deliver only a high quality website, it is absolutely necessary that we go through stages of research that help us determine how to craft a competent website.
Following are the stages that are required to accomplish a high functioning website.
- Basic Information Gathering : This stage is where we find out more about the nature and purpose of the website and hence who are the target audiences/visitors that the website is to be built to cater. This stage is the basis of what function should the website accomplish. Simply put, this stage is where you find out why you have to build the website. This is accomplished through a questionnaire to the client which helps you determine what functionalities to add and which ones not to.
- Creating Sitemap And Mockups : This is the process where you create a rough schema of how different parts of the website would function in relation to each other. This schema gives you a rough idea as how the website should function as a whole. On the other hand, a mockup is a rough blueprint as how the website design would look like which is accomplished without utilizing any actual website designing tools.
- Page Layouts : This is where the website designer will show how the website in its overall design will look like through rough sketches. This sketch is sent for approval, analyzed and then either approved or sent back for making corrections.
- Content Creation : This is where you create all the necessary content for your website. Content creation is not the technical part but is equally crucial since it is the direct communication with your visitors. Content writing involves targeting keywords, search terms and interesting or informative content relevant to the nature of your business.
- Programming The Website : This is the core part of website development. Here the actual website programming is carried out by the web development team considering all the decided functionalities and database connection codes. It can take usually from two to four weeks.
- Testing And Launching : Here the website functionality is tested. The development team checks whether the fetching of data to and from the database works successfully or does it needs to be fixed. They also check if the parts of the website are logically connected as intended. They also run the plagiarism software to check if the website content is original and is not accidently replicated. After all the tests have been positive, the website is finally launched.
- Maintenance And Monitoring : The website is maintained time to time after its final launch. This includes removing any glitches and updating/altering data. They also monitor how the website is performing with respect to search engine rankings and number of visitors per unit time.